Inspired by my friend Hallie, here are ten things about my husband and our relationship. You can see lists from other ladies at Hallie's blog, Betty Beguiles.
1) When we started dating, Bryan was eighteen, not Catholic or even nominally Christian. I was sixteen and hadn't yet undergone what I consider my "adult conversion." I consider the fact that we ended up as faithful adult Catholics married to each other to be a strong testament to the power of grace.
2) I'm the extrovert and he's the introvert in the relationship. I love to talk, but love it even more when he does. I've never met a single person who can make me laugh the way Bryan can. (He's also hilarious on Twitter.)
3) He's very easygoing about almost everything, but when he cares about something he is WAY more stubborn than I am. Which is saying something.
4) We got married at 19 and 21, while we were still both in college. This decision met with a "wha-ha-ha?" from pretty much everyone but my family. (Although people were very supportive - and generous! - once they realized how serious we were about it.) But Bryan was determined, and when he's determined, well... like I said, the stubbornness.
5) He's a big fan of pajamas. He changes into them right after work every day, and he wears flannel pajama pants all summer long, even. He'll choose comfort over fashion every time.
6) He loves ice cream and sweets. I love potato chips and salty snacks. Now that I think of it, this non-intersection of snack-food preferences probably contributes to our marital harmony.
7) Through some beautiful chance, our natural parenting styles are very similar. We hardly ever disagree about parenting decisions. I'm so grateful for this.
8) I always say that I hope our kids get my teeth (I never needed braces) and Bryan's eyesight, which is near-perfect. He never required corrective lenses until he started wearing reading glasses just a couple years ago, and even those are just to prevent eyestrain. Although I think he looks really handsome with glasses, so I'm always happy to see him wearing them!
9) He is better at serving others than almost anyone I know. So good, so generous, that it makes me tear up just thinking about it.
10) We'll have our ninth anniversary this coming August 17th. I love celebrating the best decision I ever made.