I am not usually a meme girl, but I saw this one at Miss Zoot's and enjoyed it. Besides, it's November and I have to post every day, so...
It's supposed to be six items on each list. I came up with four, and that's good enough. If you like the meme, consider yourself tagged!
Name six (or four) guilty pleasures no one would suspect you of having
(I can't really come up with things NO ONE would suspect me of having, since there are a few people who know me really well, but these are pleasures I think most people would not suspect me of having.)
1. Television. For someone who grew up without it and still doesn't own one, I've watched and enjoyed more television than you'd probably guess. (I've seen pretty much every DVD-ed episode of those shows I linked to.)
2. Eating Cool Whip directly from the container.
3. Taking long baths even though I should be helping my husband take care of the baby.
4. Teen movies. Like this one, and this one, and this one, and this one. My childhood best friend (hi Christy!) and I spent hours watching those kind of movies when we were younger, and I've never lost my love of them.
Name six (or four) guilty pleasures you wish you had the courage to indulge
1. Really fabulous handbags. (Although my failure to indulge this is due more to lack of funds than lack of courage.)
2. Really fabulous shoes. (Ditto.)
3. Spa-type things like massages and manicures. I love the idea, but find the reality intimidating. I'm secretly afraid that I'd show up and they'd be like, "What is this frumpy girl doing here?"
4. The newest fashions when they're actually new. I'm not right on top of the fashions or anything, but I've usually got an idea what's new... and I'm usually too chicken to wear it. Back in the day, I didn't start wearing boot-cut pants until a couple years after they became popular. Just the other night I tried on a pair of skinny jeans, and thought they looked pretty good, but couldn't screw up the courage to buy them. Maybe someday I'll be more confident.
Name six (or four) pleasures you once considered guilty but have now either abandoned or made peace with
1. (Abandoned) Celebrity fashion blogs. I like looking at the crazy clothes and reading the snarky commentary, but I ultimately abandoned this habit when I was trying to pare down the number of blogs I read, and decided these were non-essential.
2. (Abandoned) Boy-band music. Every once in a while I'll still turn on a little *NSync (I know!) when I'm cooking dinner or something, but I used to listen to this stuff all the time.
3. (Made peace with) Sweet tea. I love lots of sugar in my tea, but I used to have this idea that I would gradually wean myself off it, for the sake of my health and my teeth. Now I've realized that the small amount of sugar in a cup or two of tea per day is not such a big deal, and I've embraced the habit.
4. (Made peace with) Chick lit. I love chick lit, the more frivolous the better, as long as it's funny and decently well-written. I used to pretend that I was a higher-plane-fiction kind of girl, but now I've come to terms with the truth. Although there are some classics that I love, I also enjoy many books that aren't classics, and I'm not afraid to admit it.