I really wanted to do a real post every day this month, with no cop-out "I'm too busy/tired" posts, because I am stubborn like that and would have been proud to say I'd done it.
Oh well. I guess I can consider this post another step toward the goal of perfect humility. I'm not busy and I'm only a little tired, but the problem is that I have no inspiration. Plenty of topics, but not one that makes me want to find the energy to be witty or sincere or pensive. So instead you get this, the first ten random things that pop into my head. And I make no promises about the ability of these things to interest you. My head is a pretty mundane place most of the time.
1. I now have a walking child. This is amazing considering I can remember a time when I thought there was a chance we'd die of exhaustion before the baby reached two months old. Milla's toddling abilities are still spotty but she's definitely got them, and there will never in the future be a time BEFORE she learned to walk. Mind-blowing.
2. I like to steal my husband's socks to wear. I'm wearing a pair of his socks right now, in fact.
3. I got highlights in my hair last week. First time ever. I like them a lot. They're very subtle, which is what I wanted.
4. In tangential news, I've finally found a new stylist I'm going to stick with, the one I used to like having moved away more than two years ago. She's great and she's also hilarious as all get out. Big sigh of relief - my follicles will thank me.
5. If babies are biologically intended to eat meat, why don't they have canines? Surely our prehistoric ancestors didn't have food processors with which to puree the flesh of hunted animals?
6. It's a cliche that women always get great gifts for the men in their lives, while men are out at 5:30 on Christmas Eve buying the last Dustbuster on the shelf at WalMart because they haven't been able to think of anything else. Why is my life the exact opposite of this? Bryan blows me away year after year with amazing presents (the one I'm typing on right now being a prime example), and every year I'm all, "Gee, do you think he'd like another sweater?"
7. In tangential news, I have the best husband ever. Don't think I'm not grateful.
8. I'm hungry. Perhaps this is because we had popcorn for dinner. How many calories in popcorn? Probably not enough to tide me over until tomorrow.
9. My primary love language is words. No surprise there, huh?
10. Some day... I'm having my eyes lasered. (Name that movie, siblings of mine.)