I thought things were busy back in April, when I had two term papers and my thesis to write. But things are even busier now. We've been going home (to the town where we grew up, about ninety miles away) every weekend. With Maggie's graduation activities and Rosie's wedding to prepare for, it's pretty much necessary. During the weeks we both work, and Rosie usually comes down for at least one weeknight, since her fiance (Anthony) is here and she misses him. Michael and I like to have time to hang out, too, so that gets carved out of the evenings, in between all our home improvement projects.
I should really say "his home improvement projects," but I'm behind them 100%, so I guess they're mine too. As long as I'm not required to actually do any work in order for them to be mine, we're good. So far this year (since about March) my darling husband has:
1) bought and installed a new screen door (old one was piece of junk);
2) reseated a toilet when it started leaking;
3) bought and installed a new ceiling light/fan in the kitchen;
4) with the help of his aunt the master gardener, cleaned up all our flowerbeds, including chopping down a little pine that was growing into our bushes and chopping down a big cedar that was blocking our view and attracting bugs;
5) laid thirty-one (31) bags of mulch (with Anthony's help) in said flowerbeds;
6) with Anthony, restained the front and the back decks on our house;
7) built custom screens for the windows in the office and guest bedroom, which did not have screens when we moved in;
8) found and annihilated a nest of ants (ants were crawling into our house and all over our kitchen).
I know that last one is not "home improvement" in the strictest sense of the word, but it certainly improved our home, and it also improved my life, as I was about to go crazy because of little insects everywhere.
Which reminds me, this one time in high school we were at a bonfire, and suddenly the skin on my back and (pardon me) backside started itching, and I got up to check it out and realized that I'd been sitting on a nest of ants. I went inside to take care of it, and my pants were completely full of ants. Grossest thing ever.
At any rate (I actually had to scroll up to remember what I was talking about) my life is currently crazy enough that I am unable to write long, meaningful posts. I've tried! Believe me, I have tried! I have three (3) unfinished drafts sitting in a folder, waiting to be finished and posted, which I am unable to complete, because I have writer's block on all serious or deep topics. So I've decided to start writing more often, but writing about frivolous things. I can generally do frivolity pretty well. Look for More Posts! with Less Content! for now, and I'll let you know when we're getting back to regular programming.